Apple Pecan Chicken Salad #AppleWeek
A light green salad topped with sauteed chicken, apples and pecans.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4
- Category: Salad, Chicken
- Method: Stovetop
For the Marinade/Dressing:
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Apple Pie spice
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Salad:
- 4 chicken cutlets, trimmed of fat
- 2 large apples, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 8 cups spring mix
- optional: craisins
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing/marinade. Remove 4 tbsp to a separate large bowl.
- Place the chicken in the bowl with the separated marinade/dressing and toss to coat. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth to a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add the coated chicken, apples and pecans. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Stir apples and pecans as needed.
- Once chicken is fulled cooked, remove from the pan and let cool until it can be sliced.
- Divide spring mix into 4 bowls. Top with sliced chicken and apple and pecan mixture. Drizzle additional dressing over salad as needed. (Top with optional craisins)
Apple Pie Spice can be made by combining 4 tbsp cinnamon, 1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, 1 1/2 tsp cardamom, 1 tsp ground ginger and 1/2 tsp allspice. Mixture can be stored in the pantry for 6 months to 1 year.
Keywords: salad, chicken, apples, pecans, fall foods,