Baltimore Bomb Pie
A decadent vanilla chess and chocolate pie made with Maryland’s own Berger cookies.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 65 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
- Category: Pie
- Method: Baking
- 1 refrigerated pie dough, thawed
- 1 package Berger cookies (approximately 8 cookies)
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Press the pie dough into a deep dish pie plate.
- Break up the Berger cookies and place in an even layer over the pie dough.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, vinegar and vanilla extract until combined. Pour in the melted butter and whisk until combined, then whisk in the cornstarch.
- Pour the mixture over the Berger cookies.
- Place the pie pan on a baking sheet and bake for 55-65 minutes or until the center is just set.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Recipe can be made 1-2 days in advance, cooled completely and refrigerated. Let pie come to room temperature before serving.
If you cannot find Berger cookies, here is a recipe I found for a recreation of them. Use enough cookies to cover the bottom of the pie crust. Berger Cookie Recipe
Keywords: Baltimore Bomb Pie, Berger cookies, chess pie, choctoberfest, chocolate, baking, dessert, pie