An apple galette is the rustic version of an apple pie, filled with fresh apples, cinnamon and sugar and baked in pie dough.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp sanding sugar or sugar in the raw
- Optional: vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the pie crust on the parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the apples, sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch together until well coated. Arrange the apples in a layer in the center of the pie dough, leaving about 2 inches around to fold in.
- Fold in the pie dough to partially cover the apples, crimping it if you like. Brush the beaten egg over the dough and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and the apples are soft.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Slice in the wedges and serve with scoops of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Keywords: apple galette, apples, cinnamon, sugar, pie crust