Spicy Italian Pasta Soup
Spicy Italian Pasta Soup is hearty and rich, full of veggies, spicy Italian sausage and quinoa pasta.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins
- Total Time: 60 mins
- Yield: 6 cups
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- 12 oz. bag frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, green beans, corn)
- 1/2 cup frozen diced onion (or fresh)
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 15 oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes with juice
- 10.75 oz. can tomato soup
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper, or more to taste
- Optional: fresh shaved Parmesan cheese
- Place the sausage links in a skillet over medium heat. Cook for 8 minutes, turning sausages over every few minutes, until cooked though. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, add 8 cups of water and kosher salt to a large stock pot. Bring to a boil, add in pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes or until just barely al-dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Drain remaining and set aside.
- Return the stock pot over medium heat and add remaining ingredients (mixed vegetables through crushed red pepper).
- Stir ingredients together and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, slice cooked sausage into 1/2-inch rounds. Optionally, remove the casings.
- Simmer soup for 20 minutes then add in sausage and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Stir in cooked pasta. If the soup is too thick for your liking, thin out with the reserved pasta water, adding 1/4 cup at a time and stirring well before adding more.
- Divide into bowls and top with fresh shaved Parmesan cheese if you like.
If making soup in advance, do not add pasta until ready to serve.
Keywords: Spicy Italian Pasta Soup, soup, vegetables, Tresomega, italian sausage