Meyer Lemon Pound Cake
Meyer Lemon Pound Cake is an easy-to-make pound cake recipe from scratch that’s extra flavorful from the addition of a Meyer lemon syrup.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Bread
- Method: baking
For the Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup whole-milk yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- zest of 2 Meyer lemons
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Syrup:
- juice of 1 Meyer lemon
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
For the Glaze:
- 1 tbsp Meyer lemon juice
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and then line with parchment paper, overhanging on the sides for easy removal. Spray the parchment paper as well.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon juice, oil, zest and vanilla extract.
- Pour 1/3 of the flour mixture into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Fold with a spatula until just combined. Repeat with remaining 2/3 of the dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the lemon juice and powdered sugar to make the syrup.
- Poke holes in the cake with a wooden skewer and pour the glaze on top. Allow it to soak completely into the cake.
- Once the cake has completely cooled, whisk together the lemon juice, milk and powdered sugar to form the glaze. Drizzle the glaze on top of the cake.
- Slice and serve.
Keywords: meyer lemon pound cake, meyer lemons, pound cake