Ham and Cheddar Bread Pudding
Ham and Cheddar Bread Pudding is a savory take on the classically sweet dessert, making it similar to a breakfast casserole. Made with deli ham, sharp cheddar cheese, bread and eggs, the bread pudding doesn’t take very long to prepare and can be made in individual ramekins or a large baking dish for a crowd.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Brunch, Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray ramekins or baking dish with cooking spray (See note for portion sizes).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add the cubed bread to the bowl and toss to combine. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Fold in the pieces of ham and 1 cup of the sharp cheddar cheese.
- Divide into the baking dishes.
- Top the baking dishes with the remaining 1 1/2 cups of cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the bread is slightly crispy and the eggs are set.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe will fit into 8 one-cup ramekins, a 9×13 baking dish or 4 one-cup ramekins and an 8×8 baking dish.
Keywords: Ham and Cheddar Bread Pudding, BrunchWeek, brunch, ham, cheddar cheese, bread pudding