Orange Cream Dipped Cookies taste similar to creamsicle, with orange flavoring in the cookie and the orange cream flavored candy melt dip.
Disclaimer: This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by the sponsor companies to aide in recipe creation, but opinions are 100% my own.
One of the coolest things about being a food blogger and doing events like these is getting to work with sponsors. Sometimes we know exactly what we’re going to get and other times it’s a surprise. Wilton totally surprised me with how incredibly generous they were for this event. I came home from work and there was this massive box sitting on the kitchen island. Baking dishes, candy melts, sprinkles, icing, cupcake liners and more came out of the box.
If you’d like to check out all of the cool things Wilton has to offer, visit their social media:
Tom couldn’t believe me that I had gotten everything as part of this event. “You better make something worthy of it” he told me. I sure hope these cookies are worthy! I thought they were delicious, the perfect balance of sugar cookie and orange cream in a two-bite cookie.
I wanted a soft and chewy sugar cookie that could stand up to the orange cream candy melts and I think these turned out perfectly.
Orange Cream Dipped Cookies
Orange Cream Dipped Cookies have a creamsicle-like flavor from the orange zest in the sugar cookies and the orange cream candy melts they’re dipped into.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 38 mins
- Yield: 36 cookies 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the butter to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the sugar and brown sugar and beat for 2 minutes more, or until fully combined.
- Add in the egg, orange zest and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- Reduce the speed of the stand mixer to low and slowly add in the flour mixture until fully combined.
- Scoop out tablespoon sized balls of dough. Roll into a ball and place on the prepared baking sheet, spacing each cookie 2 inches apart.
- Use a flat-bottomed glass or the palm of your hand to flatten the cookies slightly.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until just golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before moving to a wire cooling sheet to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Once all cookies have baked and cooled, pour Wilton Orange Cream Candy Melts into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave at 50% power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each until the candies have melted. (Mine took about 90 seconds total)
- Dip one end of the cookie into the candy melts and shake off the excess. Place back on the cooling rack. After 5-6 cookies have been dipped, shake the sprinkles over them.
- Repeat with remaining cookies until they’re all dipped and coated in sprinkles.
Wilton’s Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkle Mix in the orange pink colors and the Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box were used on this cookies.
Keywords: orange cream dipped sugar cookies, orange cream, baking, cookies, wilton, summerdessertweek
It was very difficult to not keep popping these cookies into my mouth! My coworkers loved them too! These Orange Dipped Cookies would be great for spring or summer, a baby shower, birthday party, cookout or simply because you felt like making pretty cookies that you friends/family/coworkers/complete strangers would gush over. 😃
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn Chocolate Dipped Waffle Cone Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- Cotton Candy Ice Cream from Jen Around the World
- Brownie Bottom Neapolitan Ice Cream Cake from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Strawberry Ice Cream from Family Around the Table
- No Churn Dairy Free Vanilla Ice Cream from Home Sweet Homestead
- S’Mores Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Glazed Donut Strawberry Shortcake Boozy Milkshake from Sweet ReciPEAS
- No-Churn Caramel Fudge Crunch Ice Cream from Palatable Pastime
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Whipping Cream Pound Cake from Pastry Chef Online
- Blueberry Lemonade Mermaid Cupcakes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Lemon Popsicle Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes from 4 Sons R Us
- Lemon Blueberry Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Peach Pie Scones with Maple Glaze from Sweet Beginnings
- Lemon Lime Cheesecake from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blackberry Crumble Bars from Creative Southern Home
- Creamsicle Cake Bars from My Sweet Zepol
- Orange Cream Dipped Cookies from Cookaholic Wife
- Rock Candy from The Domestic Kitchen
- Bomb Pop Jello Shots from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Today is the 2nd day of the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #4 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AM EST.
Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon !
These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.