Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes are the perfect summer treat. A lemony cupcake filled with lemon curd and topped with strawberry buttercream frosting.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 24 cupcakes 1x
- Category: Cupcakes
- Method: Baking
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 box lemon cake mix and ingredients to make
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Adam’s Lemon Extract
- 3/4 cup lemon curd, store-bought or homemade
For the Frosting:
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 5–6 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp strawberry gelatin powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk or cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two cupcake pans with paper liners.
- Add the cake mix and ingredients from the box to a stand mixer.
- Mix on medium speed until combined.
- Add in lemon zest and extract and mix until combined.
- Divide batter into paper liners, filling each about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake according to box directions, usually 18-20 minutes.
- Transfer cupcakes to wire racks to cool completely.
- Use a paring knife to cut a small cone shape out of the top of each cupcake. Fill with a dollop of lemon curd. Place the removed cake piece back on top.
- Prepare the frosting by adding the butter to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium high speed for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time.
- Add in the strawberry gelatin powder, salt and milk.
- Transfer frosting to a piping bag and pipe frosting on top of cupcakes.
- Garnish with sprinkles, fresh strawberries or lemon slices.
If you can’t find lemon cake mix, use white or vanilla cake mix and increase the lemon extract to 1 tablespoon.
Keywords: Strawberry lemonade cupcakes, cupcakes, baking, lemon curd, summerdessertweek