Cherry Cheesecake Buttery Blondies
Cherry Cheesecake Buttery Blondies are the perfect dessert. Cherry jam and cheesecake sit upon a rich browned butter blondie crust.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert, Bars, Blondies
- Method: Baking
For the Crust:
For the Cheesecake:
For the Cherry:
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup cherry jam or preserves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×13 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the butter into evenly sized pieces and place in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir frequently and keep a close eye on the butter as it gets foamy. As soon as you smell the rich and nutty scent, remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese and sugar for the cheesecake portion in a bowl and beat on medium speed until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla, mixing until incorporated. Set aside.
- Now that the butter has cooled slightly, transfer it to a large heatproof bowl. Add the brown sugar and whisk until fully incorporated, then whisk in the eggs, vanilla, salt, cardamom and flour.
- Set about 1/4 of the blondie base mixture aside and press the remaining 3/4 of the mixture into an even layer in the prepared baking dish.
- Spread the cheesecake layer on top and then drop small dollops of the cherry jam on top of the cheesecake.
- Crumble the remaining blondie mixture and drop in dollops on top of the cherry cheesecake mixture.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the set. A toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean.
- Let cool to room temperature before refrigerating for a few hours. Slice into 16 squares.
Refrigeration is optional, but the blondies stay together better once the mixture has chilled and it is easier to cut.
Keywords: cherry cheesecake buttery blondies, baking, blondies, browned butter, betteryourbake