What do you do on a cold rainy day? Buy more strawberries than necessary and make chocolate covered strawberries. Well, at least that is what I did.
Usually I’ll buy the little plastic container of chocolate that you stick in the microwave until it melts, but I forgot to pick it up at the store.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 15–20 medium to large strawberries
- 3–4 squares of semi sweet baker’s chocolate
- 15-20 medium to large strawberries
- 3-4 squares of semi sweet baker’s chocolate
1. Wash off the strawberries and pat them dry with a paper towel. If you don’t, the chocolate won’t stick to the strawberries and just makes a mess.
2. Put the chocolate squares in a plastic bowl and microwave for 30-45 seconds at a time or until the chocolate is melted.
3. Scrape the chocolate to one side of the bowl and dip the strawberries. I spin them around a bit to get all sides covered with the chocolate.
4. Place on a sheet of wax paper.
5. Once you have all of the strawberries covered and on the paper, I like to stick them in the freezer for a few minutes to get the chocolate to harden up. I tried this in the fridge before but it pulled the juice out of the berries and made them rather difficult to eat.