In order to make the Irish Car Bomb Cheesecake Bites for St. Patrick’s Day, I needed to purchase some Bailey’s Irish Cream. Since I only needed a small amount of it, I opted to purchase the 4-pack of Bailey’s mini’s. I barely used one little bottle for that recipe so the other three hung out in the back of the refrigerator for quite some time before I finally came up with another recipe that used some.
Drunken Cheesecake Brownies
Source: A Cookaholic Wife Creation
Servings: 16 brownies
- 6 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp. Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. Bailey’s Irish Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Cut a sheet of parchment paper to hang over the sides of an 8×8 baking dish. Place the parchment paper in the dish.
2. In the bowl of your stand mixer with the beater attachment, beat the cream cheese and Bailey’s Irish Cream together until combined. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, add the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir until combined.
4. Add the eggs, butter and vanilla and teaspoon of Bailey’s into the flour mixture and stir until there are no lumps.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread out evenly.
6. Scoop the cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie batter and use a rubber spatula to stir the cream cheese into the batter, making swirls.
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean.
8. Transfer to a wire rack and cool to room temperature. Use the parchment paper ends to lift the brownies out of the baking dish. Cut into 16 squares.
9. Return to the baking dish or transfer to a container. Refrigerate brownies for at least 2 hours. Serve chilled.
While the brownies were baking I was slightly concerned that I didn’t use enough Bailey’s for the flavor to come through. Waiting for these to come to room temperature and then be chilled before taste-testing one was absolute nightmare! But the wait was more than worth it in the end.
The Bailey’s flavor comes through wonderfully and the brownies are moist and dense. I’m pretty sure I’ll need to make these again and again to finally finish up the remaining 2.5 mini bottles of Bailey’s in the fridge.