We have a sign up that is a countdown to Christmas and it is currently registering 41 days until the big man comes down the chimney and leaves gifts. I’m not ready!
I only have one real present bought so far. I know I have time and I usually get all of my shopping done on Black Friday, but I just feel very unprepared this year.
I saw this recipe when I was checking out the other Secret Recipe Club submissions and I thought it would be the perfect recipe to share for the 12 Weeks of Christmas. Why? Because I know I can’t be the only one out there who dreads the colder weather, the white stuff that falls from the sky and the general dreariness that follows the holidays and sometimes hangs on right through until April.
What do these cookies have to do with that? They have coconut! You can’t possible eat anything coconut and not think of sunshine and warm breezes and flip flops. (Well, if you can I hope I just convinced you otherwise) So, in my head, these cookies remind me that warm weather can’t really be that far off (don’t remind me of actually how far it is okay?)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- sugar, for pressing the cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and coconut and beat until soft and fluffy.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt, then slowly add into the mixer until fully combined. Pour in the chocolate chips and allow to mix just until incorporated.
4. Drop tablespoon sized balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Use the bottom of a glass or your palm to gently press flatten the cookies, then sprinkle with the sugar.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until the bottoms are just golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Aren’t the plates adorable? I saw them in Marshall’s and immediately added them to my cart!
Thanks again to Brenda of Meal Planning Magic for hosting our 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats and don’t forget, you can always go check out the Pinterest page to see what everyone has made for the previous weeks!