It still is one of my favorite pizza recipes, ever, and if it was healthier, I’d eat it much more frequently. I’ve also found that if you want some but not all of the heat that a jalapeno packs, you can use the pickled jarred variety on this pizza as well.
Original Recipe: June 28, 2012
Oh my. Delicious. Incredible. Spicy heat. Savory. Creamy. Cheesy. Mouth-watering. It doesn’t matter what words I use to describe this pizza. None of them are good enough.
If you are a fan of jalapeno poppers, I can pretty much guarantee that you are 100% going to LOVE this pizza. If you couldn’t tell by the jalapeno pepperjack burgers, jalapeno popper chicken, jalapeno popper dip, bacon and cream cheese jalapeno bites or the stuffed jalapenos, we’re a fan of jalapenos around here, poppers or not.
I could go on, but really, why make you wait any longer. I just need to tell you how to make this delicious concoction.
Jalapeno Ranch Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and membranes removed
- 1 green onion stalk, ends removed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp. cilantro
- salt and pepper
1. Combine ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
Jalapeno Popper Pizza Ingredients:
- 5 tbsp. Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
- 3 tbsp. cream cheese, softened
- 2 jalapeno peppers, thinly sliced (optional: seeds removed)
- 1 batch pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 450.
2. Mix the dressing and cream cheese together until smooth.
3. Spread the dressing over the pizza dough. Sprinkle the mozzarella then cheddar cheese over the pizza. Top with jalapeno slices and bacon.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese has melted and its lightly golden brown. Serve hot.
You know that incredibly uncomfortable feeling you get on Thanksgiving after you’ve just shoved that last bite of pie in your mouth? I feel like that after eating this pizza because I ate way too much of it. It was just so amazingly good that even though I knew I should stop eating, I just couldn’t do it and had to force in another slice.