Wanting to keep it on the healthier side, I made these tacos in lettuce cups but didn’t pass on the cheese and sour cream. And to make them even easily to whip up, they’re made in the crock pot!
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (or coconut aminos for paleo)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 3 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup taco cheese
- baby romaine lettuce leaves
- sour cream
- lime juice
1. Place chicken in crock pot.
2. Whisk together remaining ingredients in a bowl. Pour over chicken.
3. Cook on low for 6 hours.
4. Use two forks to shred the chicken.
5. Scoop chicken into romaine leaves, top with diced tomatoes, taco cheese and sour cream. Squeeze lime juice on time.
If you’re making this during the week and aren’t going to be around to turn off the crock pot, you could use chicken thighs which will not dry out as quickly as the chicken breasts. Another option would be to to wrap the chicken in foil until cooked, then stir it into the sauce.