And then I made it more than once, which doesn’t happen all that often, so that really should tell you just how delicious this dish is. Oh and the fact that it takes just about 30 minutes is a total bonus.
- 2 skinless chicken cutlets
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 oz. linguine
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- 1 cup arugula
- 3 tbsp. fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp. fresh mint leaves
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1. Place chicken cutlets between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound out to an even thickness, no more than 1/4 inch. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Arrange 3 shallow dishes in a line. Place the Panko in one dish, the eggs in another and the flour and paprika in the last dish.
3. Dip chicken cutlets into flour first, shaking off the excess, then into the egg and finally into the Panko. Place coated chicken on a plate and set aside.
4. Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
5. While the pasta is cooking, toss together the arugula, parsley, mint, radish, carrots and cherry tomatoes in a bowl. Add the olive oil and lemon juice and toss until vegetables are coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper, set aside.
6. Add canola oil to a large skillet and heat over medium high until the oil is hot enough to fry the chicken. Add the chicken pieces and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
7. While the chicken is cooking, toss the drained pasta with the butter and fresh chives, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Place the fried chicken on a paper towel to absorb excess oil while plating the salad and pasta on each plate. Add the chicken and serve hot.