Apples and oatmeal make up these delicious breakfast bake that you can prepare on the weekend and enjoy throughout the week.
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 9×6 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Toss the apple slices in a bowl with ½ cup of brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl mix together 3 tablespoons of the brown sugar with the all-purpose flour and butter with a fork. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the remaining brown sugar with the oats, baking powder and salt. Pour the milk into a cup and whisk in the egg and vanilla. Pour over the oat mixture and stir until combined.
5. Arrange a layer (approximately ¼ of the apples) of apples on the bottom of the prepared baking dish and top with ¼ of the oatmeal mixture. Repeat, finishing with the oatmeal layer.
6. Drop dollops of the brown sugar-flour-butter mixture on top and then sprinkle the chopped pecans on top.
7. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and the top layer is crispy. Allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Keywords: apple oatmeal breakfast bake, apples, oatmeal, breakfast, brunch, make-ahead