#NationalPearDay: Pear Pecan Cardamom Crumble
Seasoned with cardamom, this pear and pecan crumble is great for breakfast or dessert.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
for the filling:
- 3 cups pears, peeled and diced
- ⅛ – ¼ cup sugar (depending on the sweetness of your pears)
- 1 tsp cardamom
- ½ tsp salt
for the crumble topping:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the pears, sugar, cardamom and salt in a medium bowl.
3.In another bowl, stir together the butter, flour, brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon until a crumbly mixture forms.
- Drain any excess liquid and transfer the pears into the prepared baking dish. Pour the crumble on top and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown.
- Allow to cool before serving. Possibly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream?
Keywords: pear, cardamom, pecans, crumble, breakfast, brunch