Bacon Cheddar Cheese Souffle
Bacon Cheddar Cheese Souffle is not nearly as difficult to make as you may think. Just a few ingredients and your oven does all of the work creating this perfect dish for brunch or breakfast.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Brunch, Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Cabot Bacon Cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray 4 one-cup ramekins with cooking spray (or butter them).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add your egg whites and beat on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Once melted, add in the flour and whisk until incorporated. Cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the milk, whisking constantly until it is combined. Cook for 3-5 minutes more, stirring frequently until the mixture becomes a thick sauce.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Then stir in the Dijon mustard, shredded cheese, egg yolks, salt and pepper. Mix until just combined.
- Carefully fold the egg whites in the milk and cheese mixture, folding them in gently until no large white streaks of egg whites remain.
- Pour into the prepared ramekins, leaving at least 1 inch from the top so they don’t overflow when cooking.
- Place the ramekins onto a baking sheet to catch any overflow.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Depending on your oven and the temperature in your kitchen, the souffles may deflate within a few minutes. There is nothing wrong with this and it doesn’t affect the texture or taste.
Keywords: Bacon Cheddar Cheese Souffle, BrunchWeek, bacon cheddar cheese, cheese souffle, souffle, brunch, breakfast, eggs