Israeli Veggie Salad is a bright and colorful salad full of fresh veggies like bell peppers, cucumbers and tomatoes with a light olive oil and lemon dressing. It pairs perfectly with any type of protein or grain to make a complete meal.
I am forever on the hunt to find different recipes to serve for dinner in the summer. Do you get bored of the same side dishes? It’s a frequent thing in this house! But not as much in the summer where there is an abundance of fresh veggies and fruits that I can easily slap on the plate and call it a side dish.
Israeli Veggie Salad is perfect for those nights. If you don’t feel like chopping up all of the veggies, seek out the precut ones in the produce section of your grocery store. This salad is light and easy to make, but also filling. Serving this alongside a burger, chicken breast, pork or even fish would be the perfect accompaniment. Or, add in some quinoa or couscous and call it a meal on its own!
Israeli Veggie Salad would also be great to bring to a cookout or BBQ as it can be made in advance and travels well. Which is perfect, because I’m sharing this recipe with you as part of BBQ Week. Myself and some other bloggers have gotten together to share our best BBQ related recipes with you this week, so check those out below and make sure to check back throughout the week to see what else I’m sharing!
Israeli Veggie Salad
Israeli Veggie Salad is a bright and colorful salad full of fresh veggies like bell peppers, cucumbers and tomatoes with a light olive oil and lemon dressing. It pairs perfectly with any types of protein or grain to make a complete meal.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Salad
- 3 bell peppers, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large seedless cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all of the diced veggies, parsley and mint together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour olive oil mixture over the veggies and toss to coat.
Salad will keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Keywords: israeli veggie salad, salad, bell peppers, paleo, vegan, 30 minutes or less, bbq week, side dish, appetizer,
This salad ended up being the perfect lunch for me for a couple of days. I paired it with whatever leftover protein we had from dinner the night before and only the final day, ate it with a few pieces of deli meat.
*Note for the Fast Metabolism Diet: Skip the olive oil and add a few splashes of vinegar to enjoy on phase 2!
- Best Southern Flaky Biscuits by Daily Dish Recipes
- Brazilian Steak Kabobs by Sweet Beginnings
- Chocolate Chip Ice Cream with Crushed Oreos by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Creamy Coleslaw by Food Above Gold
- Deviled Eggs with Capers and Dill by Palatable Pastime
- Grilled Italian Sausage Kabobs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Grilled Loaded Redskin Potatoes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Grilled Spiced Octopus by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Israeli Veggie Salad by Cookaholic Wife
- No Bake Oreos and Cream Dessert by Family Around the Table
- Southwestern Potato Salad by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Salad with Mojito Vinaigrette by Jolene’s Recipe Journal