Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins
Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins are moist and sweet oversized muffins like you can find in a bakery, studded with fresh blueberries.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12-15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baking
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk *see note
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries *see note
- Optional: sanding sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a muffin pan with liners and spray the tops of the pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter and sugar and beat on medium speed for 1-2 minutes. Add in the egg and mix until combined.
- Alternate between the buttermilk and flour mixture until combined, then add in the vanilla.
- Fold in the blueberries by hand.
- Fill each muffin cavity to almost full. Sprinkle sanding sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 5 minutes and then without opening the oven, reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the muffin pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
*If you don’t have buttermilk, you can make it by adding 1 tbsp white vinegar to 1 cup milk, or use any other type of milk you have. The less fat in the milk, the more dry the muffin will be.
*If using frozen blueberries, toss in 1-2 tbsp of flour before mixing into the batter.
Keywords: bakery style blueberry muffins, blueberry muffins, bakery muffins, baking, blueberry week