Cajun Roasted Turkey Breast
Cajun Roasted Turkey Breast is full of flavor! Made with paprika, cayenne, garlic powder and other spices, it’s a great twist for a flavorful turkey on Thanksgiving.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Turkey
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Cajun
- 3 lb turkey breast with skin
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chicken (or turkey) broth
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place a rack inside of a baking dish (or use a roasting pan).
- Add 1 cup of the chicken broth to the bottom of the pan.
- In a bowl, mash together the butter with all of the spices.
- Spread the mixture all over the turkey, making sure to get under the skin.
- Place the seasoned turkey breast on the rack and bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes.
- Add the remaining cup of broth and cook for another 25 minutes or until the thickest piece of the turkey breast registers at 165F.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
If you like spice: increase the cayenne pepper and crushed red pepper to 1 teaspoon each.
To roast a whole turkey: triple the butter and spices mixture. Cook for 15-18 minutes per pound of turkey. (Ex. 12 lb turkey = 2 hours 40 minutes to 3 1/2 hours)
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 475
- Sugar: 0.9g
- Sodium: 3732mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 7.4g
- Carbohydrates: 8.6g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 60.6g
- Cholesterol: 210mg
Keywords: cajun roasted turkey breast, cajun seasoning, creole seasoning, oven baked turkey breast