Jumbo Double Chocolate Muffins
Jumbo Double Chocolate Muffins are bakery-style jumbo muffins sure to make any chocoholic happy. These enormous chocolate muffins are studded with chocolate chips for double the chocolate flavor.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 6 jumbo muffins 1x
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baking
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Line a jumbo muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- In a measuring glass, melt the butter. Then whisk in the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and fold with a spatula until no lumps of flour remain.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate the batter for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each jumbo muffin cavity 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake the muffins for 5 minutes, then reduce the temperature of the oven to 350 without opening the door.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes or until they’re just cool enough to remove.
- Remove from the muffin pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Make your own buttermilk by adding 1 tablespoon white vinegar to 1 cup milk. Let sit for 5 minutes before adding to batter.
- Replace buttermilk with plain yogurt, plain Greek yogurt or sour cream.
Keywords: jumbo double chocolate muffins, double chocolate muffins, baking,