Source: Cookaholic Wife Creation
Servings: 1 mojito
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 3 oz. simple syrup
- 3 oz. Cruzan coconut rum
- club soda
- fresh mint, for a garnish
1. Twist the fresh mint leaves and place in a small bowl. Add a pinch of sugar on top and the lime juice. Use the back of a spoon to grind the sugar granules into the mint.
2. Transfer the mint to the bottom of a glass and top with ice.
3. In a shaker glass, combine the coconut rum and simple syrup then pour over into the glass.
4. Pour club soda on top until the glass is full.
5. Garnish with mint sprigs and a stir with a straw.
6. Try to drink just one!
I searched for a while to find a recipe but nearly every one I found used cream of coconut instead of coconut rum so I decided to just make my own version. It wasn’t exact to what I remember from that Florida restaurant but it was pretty close. I foresee this bottle of coconut rum not lasting long at all!
(Disclaimer: If you sign up and make a purchase within two weeks, I get $5 and you get $10, however it is not an affiliate link and I do not earn anything for you clicking the link. It’s also on my blog as a no-follow link.)