Since there is nothing special about sharing how to cut up an apple with you, I went in search of a recipe and came across this one.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9×4 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and canola oil. Stir into the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon until just mixed.
4. Fold the apples and cranberries until combined. Transfer into the prepared loaf pan.
5. Bake for 1 hour. Let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to continue cooling.
The sweetness of the apple and the tartness of the cranberries really pair so nicely together in this bread.