I used to hate brie cheese. I thought it smelled horrendous and couldn’t even think of spreading it on a cracker to enjoy. Then a friend and I started frequenting a restaurant that served brie as part of their cheese board. I tried it again and completely fell in love. Isn’t it funny how our taste buds change like that?
Now that I’ve become obsessed with brie cheese, I’ve been on the hunt for recipes where I can use it. Thinking of something festive as an easy appetizer for the holidays, I kept coming back to baked brie. But that seemed to simple and a bit messy presentation wise to serve as an appetizer (and especially to photograph for the blog!) so I keep thinking and eventually decided that maybe it could be served in a bread bowl.
Who doesn’t love a dip that comes in it’s own vessel? Bread bowls are genius for this! You could be extra ambitious and make your own, but I decided to pick up one from the grocery store.
Cranberry Baked Brie
- 1 bread bowl
- 1 round triple-creme brie cheese
- ¼ cup cranberry sauce store-bought or homemade
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Cut a hole into the top of the bread bowl a little larger than the round of brie. Cut slices down bread to create pieces to pull off.
- Cut the top and sides of the brie rind. Place the brie inside the bread bowl.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toasted and melty.
- Top with cranberry sauce.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
Oh, this is good! This appetizer takes hardly any time at all to make and can be quickly sitting on your table and impressing your guests in 30 minutes. It’s melty, sweet and tart from the cranberry sauce and so filling on the hearty bread bowl pieces.
I’m excited to be sharing this recipe as part of Cranberry Week – now in it’s third year! See all the tasty cranberry recipes being shared today below and follow #cranberryweek on social media for more ideas all week long.
- Buddha’s Hand-Cranberry Shortbread from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cranberry Baked Brie from Cookaholic Wife
- Cranberry Fig Sauce from The Redhead Baker
- Cranberry Glazed Carrots from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Jam with Bacon and Onions from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cranberry Orange Sweet Rolls from The Saucy Fig
- Cranberry Whiskey Sour from Caroline’s Cooking
- Dark Chocolate Cranberry Scones from Cooking For My Soul
- Pork Chops with Cranberry Maple Pan Sauce from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spiced Cranberry Sangria from A Joyfully Mad Kitchen