As silly as it sounds, I would have never thought to fry corn. Since steamed, boiled, and grilled are the more common preparations, I tend to gravitate toward those. But when I saw this recipe as part of the July Improv Challenge, I knew I needed to try out frying up some corn.
This recipe was so incredible I don’t even want to waste any more of your time with random words. Lets just get right to the super short and sweet recipe!
Fried Sweet Corn with Basil Butter
- 3 cups corn kernels about 4 ears
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves plus more for garnishing
- salt and pepper
- fresh chives for garnish
- 1. In a large skillet melt the butter over medium heat. Add the corn, garlic and basil leaves and cook, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes or until the corn is lightly browned and making popping noises.
- 2. Transfer to a dish, season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with fresh chopped basil and chives.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
If you are making this recipe for a crowd, don’t hesitate to double, triple or even quadruple it. The corn was so sweet in this recipe it was like candy to me and I could have easily kept the entire 4 person servings to myself.