Nutella Swirl Bundt Cake – a classic vanilla bundt cake with a hearty swirl of nutella throughout as well as a nutella glaze on top.
Confession: when Nutella first became popular enough here that I could find it in the stores, I bought a jar and maybe at ate the entire jar with a bag of pretzels. Dangerous stuff, that Nutella. Do you remember the Nutella craze? Cakes, cookies, even spread onto a piece of toast, Nutella was everywhere!
There are so many Nutella recipes out there I had a hard time choosing what I should make for this month’s Bundt Bakers. The theme is (obviously) Nutella. Our hosts for this month are Tammy and Catherine of Living the Gourmet.
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
Eventually I decided I wanted to keep it simple and swirl Nutella through a vanilla cake. But then, because I can’t ever keep anything simple, I thought melting some Nutella and drizzling it on top to create a glaze was the perfect topper for this cake.
It would seem my coworkers agreed because this vanished rather quickly!
Nutella Swirl Bundt Cake
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ⅓ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups Nutella divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the Greek yogurt and vanilla.
- Slowly pour the flour mixture into the mixer and mix until just combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Divide the Nutella in half and drizzle ¾ of a cup on top of the batter. Top with the remaining batter.
- Swirl batter with a knife.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before inverting the bundt pan over a plate.
- Allow cake to cool completely.
- Microwave remaining ¾ cup of Nutella for 1 minute or until it reaches a consistency where it can be easily drizzled.
- Drizzle Nutella on top of the cake.
- Slice and serve.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
- Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream can be used in place of vanilla Greek yogurt
Check out what the other bloggers have made:
- Banana Nutella Swirl Bundt Cake with Coffee Crumble by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Bundt Cake with Sherry Pedro Ximenez with Nutella and Nuts by Paty Co Candy Bar
- Chocolate Nutella Bundt with White Chocolate Glaze by Sweet Sensations
- DIY Nutella Bundt Cake by Katin Spajz
- Individual Nutella Swirl Pound Cakes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Layered Nutella Bundt by Living the Gourmet
- Mini Bundts Nutella Tea Cakes by Sneha’s Recipe
- Nutella Swirl Bundt Cake by Cookaholic Wife
- Nutella Pear Bundt Cake by Patty’s Cake
- White Nutella Bundt Cake by Merce’s Cake