You’d think with that kind of combo at least one of the flavors would get lost in the mix, but I’m proud to report that you can actually taste all three in these small but tasty cookies.
One day, a while back, we accidentally picked up a box of banana cream pudding instant of vanilla. Into the pantry it went, sitting and sitting until one day I was reorganizing my baking shelf and came across it. Noticing that it was going to expire soon, I decided to see what I could do with banana cream pudding aside from, well, banana cream pudding.
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3.4 oz. package banana cream pudding (dry)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease two large baking sheets.
2. In a bowl, combine flour and baking soda together. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar together until smooth.
4. Add in pudding package and mix until combined, then add in eggs, one at a time and vanilla.
5. Slowly add in the flour mixture until incorporated, then the peanut butter and chocolate chips.
6. Roll into 1″ balls and place on the prepared baking sheets.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden.
This almost reminds me of a peanut butter and banana sandwich with chocolate chips added. I was quite impressed!