I made this to take to my mom’s house when she was having a bunch of people over. Even though it is a skinny dip, I didn’t want to make this to keep at home since I’d be the only one to eat it.
- 1 brick reduced fat or fat free cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 15 oz. canned corn, drained
- 7 oz. black beans, rinsed and drained
- crackers, baby carrots, celery, etc. for dipping
1. In a large bowl combine the cream cheese and ranch seasoning. Stir until fully combined, then stir in red pepper, jalapeno, corn and black beans.
2. Serve immediately or allow to sit in the refrigerate until ready to serve. The longer this dip sits, the more water the vegetables will release, making it creamier.
This is SO good! I enjoyed quite a bit of this poolside, with some carrots and celery. The crackers I used were one of the healthier Special K varieties, trying to keep in tune with the “skinny” part of the dip.
You could just as easily make this with a full fat cream cheese but while sitting in a bathing suit, I like to at least pretend I eat healthy 100% of the time.