Spring Sugar Cookie Bars are made of a sugar cookie crust and topped with a sweet spring-colored buttercream frosting and tons of spring-like sprinkles!
Sugar Cookie Bars are one of my favorite desserts. They’re so easy to make, you can decorate them however you want, they pack up easily to go to a party and of course, everyone loves them! I had a few hesitations about bringing pink sugar cookie bars into work but the guys had no issues with completely devouring them in no time at all.
A friend and I were going to the beach right after I made these, so I packed some up and we took them with us for a mid-morning snack. You can’t really go wrong with a sugar cookie covered in more sugar, can you?
Spring Sugar Cookie Bars
For the Sugar Cookie Bars:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
For the Frosting:
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 2-4 drops pink food coloring
- Egg Hunt SprinklePop sprinkle mix
For the Bars:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients until a coarse crumb mixture forms.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool completely on a wire rack.
For the Frosting:
- Combine butter and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on medium speed until combined. Add in the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, until fully combined.
- Add in the milk, vanilla and salt and mix until combined. Check the consistency of the frosting to make sure it's not too runny. If it is, add ½ cup more powdered sugar.
- Add in a few drops of food coloring reach your desired color.
- Use the parchment to lift the sugar cookie base from the pan.
- Spread the frosting mixture from edge to edge.
- Sprinkle Egg Hunt Sprinkles on top.
- Cut into 24 bars.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
I whipped up these cuties on a Friday night after work in no time at all. The longest part of this recipe is waiting for the butter and cream cheese to soften.
Forgot to Set out your Butter?
- Add 2 cups of water to a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 3 minutes or until boiling.
- Pour water in sink.
- Invert bowl over butter.
- Wait 5-10 minutes.
- Magic! Your butter will be softened enough to use!
Crumbly and sweet, I love the addition of the sprinkles on top, really taking them over the edge in sweetness and cuteness.