Cherry Lime Bourbon Smash
Cherry Lime Bourbon Smash is an easy to make summer cocktail, featuring fresh cherries, mint leaves, lime juice and bourbon.
Servings: 2 cocktails
- ½ cup cherries pitted and halved, plus 2 whole for garnish
- 1 sprigs fresh mint divided, plus more for garnish
- 4 oz bourbon
- 1 oz lime juice
- 12 oz lemon lime soda
Add the cherries and a few mint leaves to a container. Muddle until the cherries are broken up and have released their juices. Strain the liquid into another container.
Pour the lime juice and bourbon on top of the cherries and stir until combined.
Fill two glasses with ice and pour the cherry-bourbon-lime mixture on top.
Divide the soda between the two glasses.
Garnish with additional mint leaves, fresh cherries or lime wedges.
- Not a fan of mint? Skip it!
- Bourbon and cherries are both pretty sweet, so the fresh lime juice helps to cut that. If you find the drink is still not sweet enough for your tastes, replace the fresh lime juice with the bottled, sweetened variety.
- Club soda, lemon lime soda and even cherry soda can be used in this recipe.
- To make the drink even more red, add in a splash of grenadine.
Serving: 1 | Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 18mg | Potassium: 77mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin C: 7mg | Iron: 1mg