Almond Orange Brownies
Almond and Orange Brownies are the perfect chocolate, citrus and crunchy treat.
- 4 oz Lindt intense orange chocolate baking bar
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter (12 tablespoons)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ tsp orange extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- ¼ cup chocolate chips for topping, optional
- ¼ cup slivered almonds chopped, for topping, optional
Preheat the oven to 350. Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper.
In a small saucepan, melt butter halfway over low heat. Then add chocolate and stir frequently until fully melted. Set aside to let cool slightly, then stir in the orange extract.
In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar until pale yellow. Slowly add a small amount of the chocolate mixture while whisking. (Adding it in too fast will cook the eggs). Continue to slowly add in chocolate mixture until fully combined.
Then whisk in flour, salt and orange zest until no lumps remain. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
If desired, sprinkle chocolate chips and chopped slivered almonds on top.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before slicing. Cut into 12-15 brownies!
- Chocolate: If you can't find the Lindt intense orange bar, use your favorite milk or dark chocolate bar and increase the orange extract to 1 teaspoon.
- Orange Extract: if you don't have orange extract, replace it with vanilla and increase the orange zest to 2 tablespoons.
- Toppings: brownies can be baked plain or topped with mini/regular chocolate chips, slivered almonds or chocolate-coated orange candies.
Serving: 1brownieCalories: 278kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 3gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 95mgPotassium: 60mgFiber: 1gSugar: 31gVitamin A: 336IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 16mgIron: 1mg
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.