1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Shred the zucchini and place it in a clean kitchen towel or paper towel and squeeze out the excess moisture. Zucchini should still be damp, but not dripping wet.
3. In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar, yogurt and applesauce.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until combined, leaving a few lumps. Use a silicone spatula to fold in the zucchini, making sure that it’s fully blended throughout the batter. Fold in the chocolate chips the same way.
6. Pour into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top (¼ - ½ cup).
7. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8.Cool for 15-20 minutes or until you are able to handle the pan. Slide the bread out onto a wire rack and continue to cool until it reaches room temperature.
9. Slice and serve. Bread can be kept at room temperature on the counter for a few days.