1. Preheat the oven to 200. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Place a #1 Wilton tip (or other large tip) in a disposable pastry bag. Set everything aside.
2. Combine the egg whites and the cream of tartar in the bowl of your stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
3. Slowly add in the sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time until all of the sugar has been incorporated into the egg whites and continue beating until the egg whites are stiff and glossy.
4. Add the vanilla and eat until combined. If the mixture is very warm, refrigerate for 10-20 minutes or until just slightly chilled.
5. Pipe the egg white mixture into the disposable pastry bag. Pipe 1" rounds onto the prepared parchment paper.
6. Bake the cookies for 1 ½ hours or until the cookies are dry and hard. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let cool. Store in an airtight container for up to a week