Cream of Crab Soup
- 1 lb. crab meat shells removed
- 2 small white potatoes peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Old Bay seasoning
1. Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes or until just softened. Drain and set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the celery and shallot and cook for 5-7 minutes or until soft. Whisk in the flour until combined and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
3. Add the potatoes, milk and cream and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly until the soup thickens. Then add the crab meat and reduce the heat to low.
4. Cover and let cook for 5 minutes.
5. Ladle the soup into bowls and season with Old Bay to taste.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.