1. Combine yeast, sugar and water in the bowl of your stand mixer and set aside for 5 minutes or until yeast is foamy. Then add the butter and 1 cup of flour, mixing with the paddle attachment until combined.
2. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes in a warm place.
3. Add pumpkin pie spice, salt and canned pumpkin to the bowl and stir until combined. Switch to the dough hook and add in ½ cup of the cheese and the flour ½ cup at a time, leaving ¼ cup remaining. Mix on low speed until combined and then increase until the dough begins to pull away from the bowl.
4. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, adding in the remaining ¼ cup of flour as needed.
5. Spray a bowl with non-stick spray and place the dough inside, turning once to coat. Cover with a towel and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled.
6. Punch down the dough, then let rest for 5 minutes. Divide dough in half and shape each piece into an 8-inch round circle.
7. Sprinkle the cornmeal onto a large baking sheet and place each dough circle on top.
8. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and the toasted pecans on top. Sprinkle the time and the sea salt on top as well. Cover and let rise for 20 more minutes.
9. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake the dough uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling then slice and serve.