1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with paper cupcake liners.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In another medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, honey and vanilla paste. Set aside.
4. In the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time.
5. Alternate adding the flour mixture and the buttermilk mixture to your stand mixer, starting and ending with the flour mixture until fully combined.
6. Fill each cupcake liner ⅔ of the way full.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden and a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to continue cooling.
8. Prepare the frosting by adding the butter and cream cheese to the bowl of your stand mixer and beating on medium speed with the paddle attachment until fully combined.
9. Add the honey and slowly add in the powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time until fully combined. Add in the salt.
9. If the frosting is too sweet, add a little more salt. If it is too thick, add a splash of milk until it is at the consistency you want.
10. Transfer the frosting to a piping bag and pipe frosting onto the cooled cupcakes.