1. Divide strawberry jam and spread onto one side of each of the four slices of bread.
2. Layer two slices of cheese of your choice, followed by half of the pickled jalapenos. On the other half of the bread, place one slice of cheese and place on top of the other, creating a sandwich.
3. Repeat with the remaining sandwich, then divide the softened butter, spreading it on both outside pieces of each sandwich.
4. Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Place the sandwiches in the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Flip each sandwich over to cook the other side.
5. Reduce the heat to medium low and cover the skillet, allowing steam to finish melting the cheese. After two minutes, check the sandwich for doneness, cooking another minute or so until the cheese has melted and both sides of the bread are golden brown.
6. Slice in half and serve immediately.