#ImprovCooking: Chocolate Chile Brownies
Chocolate and spice are a great pairing and these brownies have just enough heat to still enjoy the rich chocolate flavor.
- 5 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- ¾ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 325. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
2. Combine the butter, bittersweet chocolate and ½ cup of chocolate chips together in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until melted together and smooth.
3. Remove from the heat and whisk in the sugar and vanilla until combined, followed by the eggs.
4. Add the flour, cinnamon, espresso powder, chipotle chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper and stir until combined.
5. Stir in the remaining ½ cup of chocolate chips then pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish, smoothing out the top.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool for 20 minutes before slicing into squares.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.