Turkey dumpling soup is a great way to use up leftovers from Thanksgiving, including turkey, stuffing and green beans.
- Remove fresh herbs from soup before serving. If you do not have fresh herbs, reduce in half (minus bay leaves) and used dried.
- If your stock is salted, do not add additional salt or pepper before the soup has simmered for 20 minutes and you've tasted it.
- If your stuffing is very moist, you may not need to add flour or egg. If the stuffing holds into the ball shape on its own, add nothing. If it is too dry, add the egg. Too wet, add the flour.
- Turkey may also be replaced with cooked chicken breast.
- Leftover green beans and mushrooms from green bean casserole can also be diced and added to the soup; add in the last 10 minutes of simmering.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.