No ratings yet
#ImprovCooking Challenge: Snickers Cheesecake Bars
My favorite candy tops these sweet cheesecake bars making the best bite-sized dessert.
baking, cheesecake bars, snickers
For the Crust:
melted and cooled
For the Filling:
packages cream cheese
large Snickers bars
For the Topping:
mini chocolate chips
salted peanuts, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Add oreos to a food processor and pulse until they form fine crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl and then pour melted butter on top. Stir until crumbs are moistened.
3. Press crumbs into the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 10-12 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside.
4. In the bowl of the stand mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time followed by the vanilla.
5. Add the chopped Snickers and mix until just combined.
6. Pour the batter over the cooled Oreo crust and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the cheesecake has set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 1 hour.
7. Drizzle caramel sauce then chocolate sauce over the top of the cheesecake in a zig-zag pattern.
8. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips and roasted peanuts on top.
9. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours but preferably overnight.
10. Use edges of parchment paper to lift bars from the pan. Cut into 24 evenly sized bars.
11. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. .
Bars will keep for 5 days in the fridge.