Shrunken Head Apple Cider
Apples are peeled and carved to look like faces before being added to apple cider, making this a spooky drink great for a Halloween party.
- 4 granny smith apples
- juice of 1 lemon
- 16 whole cloves
- ½ gallon apple cider
- 12 oz frozen lemonade concentrate
- optional: 1 cup spiced rum whiskey or bourbon
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Peel the apples and slice in half. Remove the seeds and the core.
3. Use a melon baller, vegetable peeler and/or paring knife to carve faces into the apples.
4. Place apple faces onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Squeeze lemon juice on top.
5. Bake for 90 minutes. Remove from the oven and press the cloves into the eye sockets.
6. In a slow cooker, pour the apple cider and lemonade concentrate. Add the apples and turn to keep warm.
7. To serve, pour into glasses and optionally stir in spiced rum, whiskey or bourbon.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.