Apple Pie Moonshine
Everclear (or other grain alcohol) is combined with apple cider, juice, apples, sugar and spices to make a homemade apple pie moonshine that will knock your socks off!
- ½ gallon apple cider
- 3 cups light apple juice
- 1 cup Imperial sugar
- 1 cup Imperial brown sugar
- 2 Spice House cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon Rodelle Gourmet Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Everclear or other grain alcohol 180+ proof
- 1 large Envy apple cut into 5 wedges
- 5 quart sized mason jars
In a large pot, combine the apple cider, apple juice, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks and vanilla. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved.
Reduce to a simmer and then allow to simmer for 1 hour. Let cool completely.
Remove the pot from the stove and pour in the Everclear, stirring to combine. Discard the cinnamon sticks.
Place an apple wedge into each mason jar. Pour the moonshine into a measuring cup with a spout and fill each mason jar to the rim. Seal and refrigerate until cold.
- Everclear and other grain alcohols are very flamable. Ensure there is no heat source before adding!
- The cook time in this recipe does not include time for the mixture to cool.
- Moonshine will keep in the fridge for 3-4 weeks.
- This recipe contains alcohol and is intended for individuals 21 years of age or older. Please drink responsibly.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.