#FilltheCookieJar: Heart-Shaped Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies
Heart shaped thumbprint cookies are are sugar cookie base dotted with strawberry jam. These cookies would be adorable for Valentine's day.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup strawberry jam
1. In a medium bowl, combine the flour and salt. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
3. Add the flour mixture and mix until combined. Turn out dough onto a sheet of wax paper and wrap up. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Scoop dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Using your thumb, press down two overlapping indents to create a heart shape. Fill each cookie indent with ¼ teaspoon of jam.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.