It's time for #FilltheCookieJar again! I took a break from this group in January because after the holidays, I was a bit cookied-out. But with Valentine's day just around the corner and that being our theme for February, I simply had to participate!
Thumbprint cookies were on my holiday baking list but I never got around to making them, so I was thrilled to finally be able to whip some up now. Thumbprints are such easy cookies to make and they're really versatile since you can add any flavor of jelly, jam or preserves to them. In light of Valentine's day I decided to go with the classic strawberry.
#FilltheCookieJar: Heart-Shaped Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup strawberry jam
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine the flour and salt. Set aside.
- 2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 3. Add the flour mixture and mix until combined. Turn out dough onto a sheet of wax paper and wrap up. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 5. Scoop dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- 6. Using your thumb, press down two overlapping indents to create a heart shape. Fill each cookie indent with ¼ teaspoon of jam.
- 7. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
Buttery, perfectly crunchy and filled with sweet strawberry jam! I'm sure your Valentine would be more than thrilled to receive these for the holiday!