I love lemon flavored desserts. Most people tend to make them during the spring and summer, but I’ll enjoy a lemon dessert any time of the year. This is a perfect dish to whip up when you don’t have a lot of free time but really want to impress the lemon-lover in your life with a tasty dessert.
The most time consuming part of this recipe is waiting for the cream cheese to soften, but after that, you can pull the recipe together in about 30 minutes.
#Brunchweek: Lemon Cheesecake Parfait
If you love lemon desserts you’ll go crazy for this Lemon Cheesecake Parfait. Pound cake is layered and topped with a lemon cheesecake filling.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6
- Category: Dessert
for the whipped cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon extract, such as Nielsen-Massey
for the cheesecake:
- 2 8-oz. Packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar, such as Dixie Crystals
- 1 cup lemon pie filling
- 1 tsp lemon zest
for the parfait:
- 1 pound cake or lemon pound cake
- 1 cup berry of your choice (blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, etc.)
- fresh mint leaves
- 6 thin lemon slices
1. In the bowl of your stand mixer add the heavy cream and beat on medium speed with the whisk attachment until soft peaks form. Add the powdered sugar and lemon extract and mix until combined, increasing the speed until stiff peaks form. Remove from bowl and set aside.
2. In the bowl of your stand mixer (same bowl can be used without cleaning it), add the cream cheese and granulated sugar and beat with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
3. Add the whipped cream, lemon pie filling and lemon zest to the mixer and beat on low speed until just combined.
4. Cut the pound cake into small squares. Place a couple of the squares into your serving container. Top with a few berries and then ⅓ to ½ cup of the cheesecake filling. Repeat the layers again and top with a few berries, a mint leaf and lemon slice.
5. Repeat with remaining containers.
6. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cheesecake parfaits will keep in the fridge overnight if covered.
Keywords: lemon cheesecake parfait, lemon, dessert, brunchweek, parfait, cheesecake,
I first made these for Easter and they were gobbled up so quickly I didn’t even get to enjoy one! When I made this again I made sure to hide one in the back of the fridge just for me to enjoy!
This dessert can be place in mason jars, large wine glasses or any dessert cup of your choice. I used 5 oz. plastic tumblers that I found on Amazon.
Disclaimer: Thank you to the #BrunchWeek sponsors, Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Nielsen-Massey, Rainier Fruit, and Michigan Asparagus for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or any other social channel mentioned in the #Brunchweek posts or entry.
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
Apple Banana Streusel Bread from Family Around the Table
Crispy Apple Cheesecake Danish from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Gooey Lemon Blueberry Pull-Apart Bread from Girl Abroad
German Apple Pancake from Sew You Think You Can Cook
Overnight Raspberry French Toast from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Peach Custard Tart from The Redhead Baker
Pecan Gingerbread Buns from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Pineapple Sweet Rolls from Cooking with Carlee
Raspberry and Chocolate Grilled Cheese from Brunch-n-Bites
Cinnamon Apple Sourdough Waffles from My Catholic Kitchen
Southwestern Style Farro Breakfast Bowl from Cooking in Stilettos
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
Apple, Grape, and Walnut Chicken Salad from Love and Confections
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
Apple & Grape Breakfast Salad from The Chef Next Door
Cheddar Broccoli Soup from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Fully Loaded Stuffed Potatoes from A Day in the Life on the Farm