The other week was one of those weeks, but then I remembered that the theme for May’s #BakingBloggers was a fruit tart and knew I could easily turn that into breakfast for myself. I love when the need for a recipe also fulfills the desire for something new!
I’ll be honest, tarts always make me a little nervous because the shape of the pan. There’s so many possibilities that the tart crust could go terribly wrong. And actually, that’s exactly what happened the first time I made this recipe because I decided to use my large tart pan. When the oatmeal didn’t set up properly and crumbled into a pile, I reevaluated and put it into my mini tart pans and baked it a little longer and thankfully it turned out much better.
Source: Cookaholic Wife
Servings: 6-8 mini tarts
- For the Tarts:
- 1 ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- For the Filling:
- 5.3 oz vanilla Greek yogurt
- For the Topping:
- 1 cup fresh fruit of your choice, such as berries, kiwi, bananas
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray mini tart pans with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the old-fashioned oats, chopped nuts, melted butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Fold to combine, until mixture holds together enough to be pressed into tart pans.
3. Scoop ½ to ⅔ cup of the oat mixture into the tart pan and gently press up the sides. Use the bottom of a glass or a small measuring cup to press down the center.
4. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Let cool slightly.
6. If serving all at once, divide the Greek yogurt between the tart pans spreading an even layer in the center then arrange fruit on top. If serving at a later, wait until right before serving to add the Greek yogurt and fruit or the granola will get soggy.
7. Granola will keep in a sealed container for 4-5 days.
These are the perfect portable and quick breakfast. If you make the granola tarts in advance and slice up your fruit, all you need to do is add the Greek yogurt and fruit in the morning and you’re ready to go!
Check out what everyone else made!