This post is sponsored in conjunction with AppleWeek . I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
This post is sponsored on behalf of #appleweek. Our generous sponsors, Swiss Diamond, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, Nordic Ware, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal, Nairn’s and The Spice House have provided us with products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
I think it’s time for another savory #Appleweek recipe, don’t you? This summer was absolutely the summer of grilling for us. I can’t even tell you how much charcoal we’ve went through since May. I initially wanted to grill these sausage skewers right on the pan for you, but Mother Nature and I have been in a bit of a tiff. You see, I don’t like rain and she absolutely loves it. Five separate times I tried to grill this recipe and each of those five times it poured.
Then I figured it was probably better to make these in the oven anyway and set about to making that new plan happen. I changed up my idea of a glaze and got to work getting everything prepped.
Apple Sausage Skewers
Apples, sausage and onions are skewered and covered in a grainy mustard-maple syrup mixture and cooked on a sheet pan, perfect for those rainy days or if you just don’t own a grill.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 4-6 skewers 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- 1 1/2 large apples, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 large white onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 sausage links, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tbsp grainy mustard
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add a piece of sausage, followed by an apple piece and an onion piece onto the skewer. Repeat until skewer is full. Repeat again with remaining skewers.
- Whisk together the whole grain mustard and maple syrup.
- Place the skewers onto the sheet pan and brush the mustard mixture on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until apples are fork tender.
Recipe uses 4-6 skewers, depending on size.
If you do not have a non-stick sheet pan, cover it with foil prior to placing the skewers on it.
Keywords: apple, sausage, skewers, onion, appleweek
For this event, I was given a Prism Baker’s Bundle Quarter and Half Sheet baking pan from NordicWare. NordicWare says that the pan is non-stick and I decided to really put that to the test by using a glaze that included maple syrup. There isn’t much stickier than baked on maple syrup. And I am happy to report that I took the skewers off the pan, sat the pan in soapy water and came back three minutes later and the stuck on maple syrup and onion bits just wiped right away. Some call it non-stick, I call it wonderful kitchen magic.
These skewers are delicious! They reminded me so much of fall! I chose to use a fully cooked sausage which I think is a little easier on the skewering front, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
Nordic Ware is a family owned and operated kitchenware company since 1946 and has steadily built its reputation as an internationally distributed kitchenware brand. As a leading manufacturer and innovator, Nordic Ware produces the vast majority of its products in America, at its Minneapolis headquarters, including bakeware, cookware, grillware, microwave, and kitchen gadgets and accessories.
Check out their social media here:
Thank you so much NordicWare! I can’t wait to keep using these awesome pans!
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.
- Apple & Chipotle Candied Bacon Deviled Eggs by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Apple and Plum Crumble by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Apple Pecan Salad with Maple Cider Vinaigrette by Everyday Eileen
- Apple Sausage Skewers by The Cookaholic Wife
- Apple Pie Granola by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Apple Pie Jam by Tip Garden
- Apple Jamon Fontina Grilled Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Easiest Apple Strudel Recipe by The Anthony Kitchen
- Baked Apple Pancake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Banana Apple Curry Soup by The Saucy Fig
- Bavarian Sauerkraut by Palatable Pastime
- Bourbon Apple Fizz Cocktail by Girl Abroad
- Bulgogi-Inspired Oven Beef Jerky by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Butterscotch Apple Oat Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Caramel Apple Salad by Daily Dish Recipes
- Caramelized Apple Wheatberry Porridge with Pepitas and Cranberries by The Baking Fairy
- Chai Spiced Apple Waffles by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Cider Glazed Roast Chicken by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Creamy Apple Cider Chicken Skillet by House of Nash Eats
- Chicken Sausage Stuffed Baked Apples by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cinnamon Sponge Charlotte Cake With Caramel Apples by Cooking With Carlee
- Creamy Beet & Apple Salad by Savory Moments
- Copy Cat Dairy Queen Apple Pie Blizzard by An Affair from the Heart
- French Apple Cake by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Glazed Chocolate Chip Apple Cake by Who Needs A Cape?
- Grandma’s Apple Butter by The Freshman Cook
- Granny Smith Pizza by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Instant Pot Apple Butter by Soulfully Made
- Pan Apple Mini Cakes by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Pork Tacos with Sweet Apple Slaw by The Redhead Baker
- Quick Applesauce for One by Shockingly Delicious
- Turkey Breast Roulade with Apple, Cornbread & Sausage Stuffing by Books n’ Cooks