Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
Source: A Cookaholic Wife Creation
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and coined
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and shredded
- 32 oz. carton low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp. rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package egg noodles, cooked
1. Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add carrots, celery and onions and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
2. Add shredded rotisserie chicken, chicken broth, water, rotisserie chicken seasoning, garlic powder, parsley and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
3. Simmer for 30 minutes but up to 2 hours. Add additional water/broth if needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Ladle chicken soup into bowls and divide egg noodles among bowls. Stir to combine.
I love how quickly this soup comes together. You can easily have your youngin’s help out by picking the meat off the chicken while you chop up the vegetables and get them cooking in the olive oil. One of the other great things about this soup is how wonderful it makes your house smell. Like homey-ness and comfort.