Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup is the ultimate comfort food for those cold winter nights or when you’re feeling under the weather. Made using a rotisserie chicken, this soup comes together in no time.
Update: This recipe was originally posted in January 2014. The recipe and photos have been updated and republished in February 2021.
Nothing is more comforting than a big bowl of chicken noodle soup on a cold winter’s day! I have a few varieties of chicken soup that I’ll make, sometimes using rice instead of noodles and others with a ton of vegetables, but this is the classic – chicken noodle soup with egg noodles.
What is quick and easy chicken noodle soup?
Sometimes you just want chicken noodle soup from scratch, but you don’t have the time to cook the chicken, cook the soup and boil the noodles, right? This quick and easy version cuts down on every aspect of homemade chicken noodle soup without losing the flavor!
Shredded rotisserie chicken meat replaces the time to boil and shred chicken. The extra flavor comes from rotisserie chicken seasoning and the egg noodles are boiled in the same pot as the soup, to not only save you time but dishes.
🥘 Ingredients for this recipe
- rotisserie chicken
- Rotisserie chicken seasoning
- garlic powder
- bay leaf
- chicken stock
- egg noodles
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
🔪 Instructions for this recipe
- Start with the chicken. Shred your rotisserie chicken and chop into small pieces.
- Then start the soup. Saute carrots, onions and celery in olive oil in a large stock pot until tender. Then add in the seasonings, followed by the stock. Bring to a boil.
- Next, add in the noodles. Add the noodles and reduce heat to let soup simmer.
- Finally, stir in the chicken. Stir in the chicken and cook a few minutes more.
- Serve, dividing soup into bowls with crackers or bread.
- To save on time chopping veggies, use a soup mix bag of frozen vegetables instead.
- Replace egg noodles with rice if desired.
- Leftover turkey? Use that in place of the chicken.
FAQ’s for chicken noodle soup
- Does soup get better the longer you cook it? In some cases yes, but not for this recipe. Because you are cooking the noodles in the broth, cooking it took long means you won’t have any broth left. Also, as the chicken is already cooked, it can become mushy if cooked for too long.
- How can I make chicken soup taste better? The rotisserie chicken seasoning in this recipe adds a bunch of flavor to the soup that you’d otherwise need a bunch of ingredients for. You can’t go wrong with adding more herbs like parsley, thyme or oregano though!
- What can I use in place of stock? Water. Feel free to use half water/half stock for this soup. You can also mix powdered bouillon into water to create stock if you have that on hand.
You can’t go wrong serving easy chicken noodle soup with crackers or bread, such as garlic bread or focaccia. Salad and grilled cheese are also great accompaniments to chicken noodle soup.
Want to save this recipe for later? Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board and follow me for more delicious recipes!
Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup carrots, chopped about 3 carrots
- 1 cup celery, diced about 3 stalks
- ½ cup onion, diced 1 small onion
- 2 tbsp rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 64 oz chicken stock
- 2 ½ cups egg noodles
- Remove meat from the rotisserie chicken, discarding skin and bones (optionally, keep to make a stock later)
- Heat olive oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Add the onions, celery and carrots and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, then stir in the seasonings.
- Add in the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the noodles and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in the shredded chicken and cook a minute or two more until heated through.
- Divide soup into bowls and serve with crackers or bread.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.